Silver Life Style UK is a new start up website. We are a community website providing news and information for people over the age of 50 years. It is our intent to try and fill what we believe is a gap in the market serving senior members of the UK community.
Silver Life Style UK are seeking senior people with something to say. We offer a forum for seniors to present their news, views and experiences. If you have something to say, you are welcome to publish your thoughts here.
This site has been conceived by the over 50’s, to serve the over 50’s.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Guidelines Silver Life Style UK (SLS)
1. Blog objectives.
Silver Life Style UK is a community website providing news and information for people over the age of 50 years. It is our intent to try and fill what we believe is a gap in the market serving senior members of the UK community. This site has been conceived by the over 50’s, to serve the over 50’s.
2. Content’s objective. SLS hopes to provide a platform and a forum for people over the age of 50 years old. The content of our site is specifically aimed at this demographic. We are seeking articles that have particular relevance to our target audience. Our content covers subjects such as lifestyle, fitness, food & nutrition, technology. Our articles are aimed at adding ‘value’ to our readers with news, views, tips and advice.
3. Our audience. This site has been conceived by the over 50’s, to serve the over 50’s. Notwithstanding this group, our demographic would consider inputs from any age group who could add value to the quality of life for our senior age group.
4. Topic approvals. New bloggers are requested to run topic ideas by us before they begin writing. The best content begins with an awesome topic; if a topic is weak, no amount of editing can save it.
5. Bloggers/article writers should provide examples of high-performing blog posts for reference. Current SLS work can be found on our website https://www.silverlifestyle.uk.
6. Article linking policy. Articles can include links to external websites on the proviso that the ‘link’ is both relevant to the article and our target demographic. Links should relate specifically to information that add value to our target demographic. Links to direct product marketing and or services must be pre-approved by SLS prior to publication.
7. Article accreditation and referencing. When an article uses information or data derived from a ‘third party’ source, the data should be attributed and cited to the information originator.
8. Photo expectations. Any photographs, images or diagrams must be royalty free and or have the permission of the owner. All photographs, images or diagrams must be attributed and credited to the owner of the same.
9. Style and formatting tips. When writing your articles please consider the following: “write in short sentences,” “break up large blocks of text with bold headings,” and “bullet your major points.” Blog writing isn’t like writing a business plan or even a feature article for a newspaper.
10. Headlines. Great headlines draw more traffic and generate more social media shares and click-throughs.
11. SEO friendly text. Wherever possible, all writers are requested to consider SEO friendly text and keywords when writing their articles.
12. Review process. Quality content takes time to edit and prepare. All articles will be reviewed by SLS prior to publication. Were articles do not confirm with SLS’s editorial guidelines, the article originator may be requested to revise their submitted material accordingly.
13. Re-posting policy. Article originators shall advise SLS upon submittal if they intend to re-use or re-post any submitted articles prior to inclusion on the SLS website.
Disclaimer. The materials contained on this website are provided for general information and guidance purposes only and do not constitute advice in their own right. If you require legal or financial advice please contact a suitably qualified professional. Silverlifestyle.uk do not endorse or approve any of the businesses listed on our website, or any of the information or advice that they may provide you with.
Silverlifestyle.uk do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from the reliance on information contained in this site. For the purposes of the www.Silverlifestyle.uk website: the businesses listed on our site do not endorse or approve any of the other charities or businesses who may promote or advertise on our site, unless specifically mentioned by the charity or business concerned.